Casualties have been reported as heavy rains continue to batter central China's Henan Province. Rescue work is underway.
Here is the latest:
- The death toll from torrential rains in Henan Province has risen to 69, with five people missing, local emergency management department said Monday.
- Since July 16, over 12 million people in the province have been affected by the extremely heavy rainfall.
- Public communication in Zhengzhou's urban area has been basically resumed and water supply mostly restored as floodwaters began to recede in the capital city on Friday.
- The National Health Commission has dispatched a group of experts to Henan to guide health-related disaster relief work.
- China's Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Emergency Management have allocated a total of 100 million yuan (about $15 million) for disaster relief.